Sunday, September 28, 2008

Ojos Rojos

So, another day, more confusion for my already struggling internal body clock. I was just getting into the whole ¨sleeping at night time¨ bit again when it was time to get back on a plane that left LA at 2 in the morning to fly down to guatemala. So now I think I´m on african time or something. Maybe I´ll buy one of those man dress things they wear. That´d be cool.

Hmmm, anyway, now I´m in Antigua, Guatemala.

Maybe one of those dress thing wouldn´t be cool... I can never tell.

Antigua is the town in Guatemala where we´re staying and it seems really nice, if a bit touristy. But then we are tourists so it should work fairly well I think. The town is set in the middle of three volcanoes, two dormant, one active, and what seems to be a considerable amount of mist. The town was capital of Guatemala quite a while ago but was moved a little bit after that when an earthquake happened at some stage. So there are now some ruins and old buildings knocking about from some time ago. Ish. And yeah, I quite like it so far which is all that really matters. I wouldn´t be devastaed if the rain stopped though.

Anyway, starting at the hospiatl tomorrow which should be interesteing and we´re going to be squeezing some sapnish lesons in amongst things as well which will be great. It´s fantastic to be speaking spanish again and the girls are quite excited about learning themselves. So, not the most coherent, nor interesting post I´ll be the first to admit, but there you have it. It can´t all be mountains and misty old streets. Oh wait...

Brandon, and the other two who are also sometimes present.

6 comments:

Matt Brandon said...

So, first commenter hey? Don't really have anything to say except go study your Sapnish Brandon. Oh, and good blog too.

Alan Cadd said...

Absolutamente fantástico - de hecho awsome.

Kate said...

Great job blogging Brandon - Lots of photos please, I'm already pretty jealous.

Gemma said...

Your ramblings are amusing to me.

But yes. Photos please. So far I understand that you found it hard to get somewhere and that there are some volcanoes in a place.

PHOTOS!

Unknown said...

What about Rodney P? It isn't fair... (c'mon you know the song...) - btw I got this blog link from your Alan, apparently I am not cool enough to follow your exploits.

nicki said...

Great to get your blog and to know that you all arrived ok. Good news about Getty Museum - well worth the visit. Looking forward to some photos too - it sounds fabulous, mist and all ...